homeour storymy baglink loveContact me

✍ All sorts of new and exciting things coming up for the cast of L to the Third so stay tuned!

Monday, September 15, 2008

History Detective

I realized the other day that I don't really talk a lot about my job on here, which is a shame, actually. I work in a high-end antiques gallery that specializes in late eighteenth and early nineteenth century fine and decorative arts. I get to do a lot of really neat research and the like, something that I often take for granted, like when I used to work in a museum; I was always so busy with various administrative issues that there was hardly any time for independent research. The best part of my job (and also at times the worst) is that no two days are ever the same; one day might be spent doing nothing but genealogical research, tracking down the family history of a particular piece, going through census records, and the next day, I'm digital photographer extraordinaire, photoshop manipulator, and scanning maven.

I also get to work with some really awesome objects, stuff that would normally be behind velvet ropes and in glass cases in museums or historic houses. I could go on for days and days about some of the fabulous things that I've worked with, but unfortunately I can't really go into much details due to intellectual property issues, private owners, and so on and so forth. Which is a total shame, because I love talking about these things. I guess that means you'll just have to come and visit me at work so I can dork out with you in person. History nerds, unite!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...