homeour storymy baglink loveContact me

✍ All sorts of new and exciting things coming up for the cast of L to the Third so stay tuned!

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Special Friday Edition: If I were a rich girl

Ok, so here's one of the new things I've decided to do.  I figure I spend a good deal of time looking at auction catalogs and the like (its work-related, I swear), so I might as well blog about some of the things that I really, really like but could never afford unless I win the lottery or figure out that I am somehow the long-lost granddaughter of royalty or something, like in the Princess Diaries (no, I have not seen the movie, but I saw the commercials so I pretty much figured it out).  So without further ado, I bring you the first installment in my delusional Friday series (click on the pics to enlarge):


How sexy is this Pennsylvania chest on chest? What really does it for me is the funky carved ornamentation.  I mean, check out this quarter column:

Holy flying fylfots, batman!  The estimate for this baby is $20,000 to $30,000, but in this economy, it's really anybody's guess.  Condition is always a factor, and that part isn't really discussed too much in the catalog (of course, you can always request a condition report, and any reputable auction house would be happy to furnish one for you, fyi), so it does make me pause and wonder for a moment.  And by wonder, I mean wonder where it will go in my twenty-room mansion...I did say this was all delusional, after all, so I might as well go the full ten yards.  Has anyone seen Hans, my personal Swedish masseuse, lately?  I think I pulled something with all of this ridiculous daydreaming.

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Quite fabulous and would look smashing in your new home!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...