homeour storymy baglink loveContact me

✍ All sorts of new and exciting things coming up for the cast of L to the Third so stay tuned!

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Garden salad


Thanks to the obscene amount of rain that Northern Virginia has been hit with in the past week and a half, my little patio container garden has been growing like crazy. Every other day, I'm out there, trying to keep up with all of the dead-heading and pruning. The tiny little tomato plants that CH and I picked up when he was home on R&R are about 3 1/2 feet tall now and require plant stakes for support. At this rate, it won't be too long before the tomatoes are ready to be picked.

At the other end of the patio is my basil and mint, both of which have had explosive growth spurts in the last week or so. If only there was a way to grow mozzarella balls on the patio; I already have two out of the three ingredients required for a tomato, basil, and mozzarella salad handy. Yum!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...