homeour storymy baglink loveContact me

✍ All sorts of new and exciting things coming up for the cast of L to the Third so stay tuned!

Friday, July 17, 2009

Fun with paint

The other day, while I was browsing Apartment Therapy, I stumbled across these gems that they had pulled from a DC-area Craigslist ad:

Vintage metal kitchen cabinets in my favorite shade of blue! The temptation to contact the seller and make an offer was overwhelming, even though I really have no place to put them (though I did try to rationalize that they could work in the garage until my dream kitchen appears for their installation). So I did the next best thing--I painted the would-be soffit in the kitchen. I had some extra time on my hands and some left-over paint from one of our projects from last year, so what did I have to lose? Nothing--except for my balance at times, especially when I was perched upon the refrigerator, getting to that last pesky corner.

As a refresher, here is the kitchen before. Captain Husband's decorative scheme had consisted of a lot of wine bottles, which wasn't exactly my cup of tea, but I was too lazy to do anything about it:


And here is the kitchen now:

It's really not that noticeable of a change, but I have to say that I feel so much better when I look up and see calming blue rather than a line up of dusty old bottles with god knows what potentially growing inside. Trish was overwhelmed by the change, though, as you can see. Knocked her right over.

2 comments:

christine said...

And the skull adds that certain Lulu je ne sais quoi ;o) Awesome!

L. said...

Hehehe, indeed!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...