homeour storymy baglink loveContact me

✍ All sorts of new and exciting things coming up for the cast of L to the Third so stay tuned!

Friday, February 5, 2010

Things I learned today

It turns out that the sore throat I've been sporting since Sunday is indeed strep; the doctor called to confirm the test results and gave me a prescription for penicillin. Well, apparently I am now allergic to penicillin. Surprise! I took one pill and wound up with a painful rash on my hands and forearms within two hours. So when Captain Husband and I went to the hospital today for our ultrasound appointment, we found ourselves making an unscheduled visit the emergency room. Fun! I'm on some new drugs now and feeling much better.

Oh, we also learned that we're having a bouncing baby boy! He was sleepy and very uncooperative at first, but the technician managed to get him to move a bit, and pow, frank and beans all up in our faces. So far all signs point to a healthy baby, but I'll have to go in for another ultrasound in three weeks due to the baby's relative lack of cooperation in the scanning procedure to make sure are of his fingers and toes are in the right places and so on.

All right, time to hunker down and enjoy the snowmageddon. Stay safe everyone!

4 comments:

M said...

Woohoo! Its a boy! Congrats! And that's really lousy about the allergic reaction - is that just a pregnancy allergy that will disappear after the little guy is born?

L. said...

Nope, apparently I'm off of penicillin for life. Better safe than sorry!

Unknown said...

That is amazing news!!! Congratulations!!!! Time to get my knit on....

Gretchen said...

Yay! I'm happy to have been wrong on the pool! Yippee!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...