homeour storymy baglink loveContact me

✍ All sorts of new and exciting things coming up for the cast of L to the Third so stay tuned!

Friday, October 22, 2010

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In

In an effort to learn more about fellow MilSpouse bloggers, Wifey from Wife of a Sailor started this weekly meme; here are this week's questions.

1. Are you a night owl or an early bird
?

I used to be a night owl and would regularly stay up late but now I'm more of an early bird thanks to Sammy (believe me, it's totally not by choice). I'm doing everything I can think of to get this kid to sleep in past 7 am just so I can stay up until 11 pm the night before.

2. What makes you jealous?


This is going to sound horrible, but lately I've found myself getting jealous over the fact that it feels like Captain Husband pays way more attention to Sammy (and sometimes even the cat) than he does me when we're on Skype together. I'm also sometimes jealous that he doesn't have an infant to care for 24/7 and can stay up late, go out to movies, etc.

3. Have you started Christmas/holiday shopping yet? When will you finish? (There's only 63 days left!)


I started this month and have about half of it done. I'll probably have everything on my list taken care of by early December (famous last words).

4. What would you have a personal chef make you tonight?


Peanut and chestnut soup--perfect for fall!

5. Where was your first kiss?


It was at the Quicksilver Golf Club in the fall of 1993; I was fourteen years old and at my very first formal dance. I was so nervous about the likelihood of it happening that I did my best to avoid my date for most of the night.

9 comments:

Samantha said...

Omgosh! That soup sounds yummy!

kitten said...

LOL on the first kiss story!

Lou said...

First that soup made my hungry second...i love how honest you are about the jealously...
first kiss ...lol...

Ellen said...

Hi, found you from the fill-in! :) I hear you on a having a child make you into a early bird, thankfully now that mine is bigger she will sleep until 7:30. There's hope!

Eschelle Westwood Mumfection said...

OMG CHRISTMAS!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!

Meredith said...

I found you at My Boss is Teething and just read your about page. I am also a history loving military spouse new mom (my baby girl was born in April). But all I can say to your story is Wow. My husband is in the Navy. We had one long deployment before getting engaged, but nothing like you are experiencing. I don't know how you do it. Seriously, how do you survive? I'm dreading when he is off shore duty.

Veronica Lee said...

LOL about the kiss! I totally enjoyed reading your post.

Have a nice day!

Sespi said...

I'm jealous that you have your Christmas shopping half way done! I have so much to do that I'm avoiding starting... probably counterproductive.

Aubree' said...

You're doing an effing amazing job and you're entitled to feel any way you want. I hope I can make it up there one weekend to a) meet my nephew and b) give you a break!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...