homeour storymy baglink loveContact me

✍ All sorts of new and exciting things coming up for the cast of L to the Third so stay tuned!

Friday, March 4, 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In #32



In an effort to learn more about fellow MilSpouse bloggers, Wifey from Wife of a Sailor started this weekly meme;  here are this week's questions.

1. Do you or your {spouse} ever wish your {spouse} was in a different branch of the military? submitted by The Turner Family

I'm pretty limited in my knowledge of the other branches, so I don't really have any strong feelings one way or the other (I'm sure each branch has pretty similar lists of pros and cons).  However, I do know that when Captain Husband was just a wee lad he wanted to be a fighter pilot.  Unfortunately his less than stellar eyesight kind of put the kibosh on those plans, so into the Army he went.

2. What duty station(s) are on your “No Way, Hell No, Not Going, Have Fun Unaccompanied” list and why? submitted by Every Branch

My list is currently comprised of Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas.  Now to be honest, I've never been to any of these locations, but Captain Husband has been stationed at all of them at one point or another.  Based on what he's told me, Texas is a big no-go for me primarily because I wouldn't be able to handle the heat, the lack of green foliage and having to check my shoes for scorpions on a regular basis.  Oklahoma and Kansas are on the list because I need to have a major city within an hour's drive to escape to when things start to feel a little claustrophobic around the house...and the locations we would likely be stationed at do not meet that requirement.

3. If you could be one age forever, what age would you choose and why? submitted by Three Krakens

I suppose if I had to be one age forever, I'd probably go with my current age (31).  I'm at a point now where I'm pretty comfortable in my own skin and truly like the person I've become; while many of the experiences I had in my late teens and twenties made me the person I am today, I am in no way chomping at the bit to relive them if you know what I mean.

4. If you were a breakfast cereal, which one would you be? submitted by the C.W. 

Honey Nut Cheerios.  Sweet and just a little nutty.

5. What is your morning beverage of choice and why? submitted by NH Girl Displaced

It used to be a medium iced caramel latte with sugar and whipped cream courtesy of my local Dunkin' Donuts.  However,  I haven't had one in months.  Yes, you read that correctly: I have kicked my DD addiction to the curb.  So now my current morning beverage is water (ooo, exciting!) or some sort of juice.

Have a great weekend everyone!

8 comments:

Mrs. F said...

Wow, great job at kicking that DD addiction! And I love Honey Nut Cheerios too!

Athena said...

I really want to have a city within driving distance. I even miss traffic!

Have a great weekend :)

Margot said...

Ft. Leavenworth in KS is within the Kansas City Metro Area. It's actually not a bad place to be.

Anonymous said...

Yeah 30's!!

Ellen said...

To echo FMS, my hubby was briefly at Ft. Leavenworth and when I visited I fell in love. I was shocked too! And my parents were at Ft. Sam in San Antonio in the 70's and they STILL talk about it longingly. I think they're secretly hoping we get stationed there before dh retires.

Totally with you on Oklahoma, though.

Melissa said...

How on earth did you kick the habit?? DD brings me such joy...

Amie said...

Okay I'm not a military wife but I know some day I'm going to have to live in Texas. I think that will be interesting but I'm not living there without having a pool in my back yard.

Veronica Lee said...

Mmmmm!! I can never resist a DD iced caramel latte!!

Have a nice day, L.!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...