homeour storymy baglink loveContact me

✍ All sorts of new and exciting things coming up for the cast of L to the Third so stay tuned!

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Shoot and Edit Challenge: Up (before) with a surprise

The last few days have been rough around here.  I've been having all sorts of trouble falling to sleep thanks to my sky-rocketing anxiety levels regarding the impending move to Texas.  On top of that, Sammy is cutting four top teeth at the moment, which results in him waking up, screaming in pain, several times through the night.  And to add insult to injury, I've had a persistent headache since last Friday; at first, I thought it was due to eye strain and dug out my trusty computer glasses, but the nagging dull ache remains.  Sigh. 

Okay, enough complaining; onto this week's shoot and edit challenge!  This week’s prompt/theme is up.  Saturday I was catching up on some much-neglected housecleaning; I finished vacuuming the first floor and went upstairs to return the vacuum to the office closet.  This is the scene that I came across when I came back down to the living room:


In the two minutes I was gone, Sammy figured out how to crawl up onto the first stair landing and was working on crawling onto the next stair with a little bit of help from the newel post.  Needless to say, I was pretty surprised by this new milestone and grabbed my camera to get a shot of him in the act.

If you'd like to learn how to edit your photos so that they go from good to wow, be sure to click below:



I'm also linking this photo to the Paper Mama's photo challenge who's theme this week is surprise; be sure to check out all of the other awesome entries by clicking below:

The Paper Mama

10 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

You might consider taking a little something at night to take the edge off so you can fall asleep. Before we got married, I went days (weeks/months) without sleeping because I was nervous. I started taking an allergy medicine to help me fall asleep and reduce the itching (my skin was breaking out). Okay...all of that sounds bad, but I'm sure youknow what I mean. Anyways, really cute shot. Looks like you need stronger baby gates now!

- Jessi - said...

I hope you get some sleep soon. I understand about a baby cutting teeth, my little one just got her first two. Try to relax when you can. He's adorable though!

Anonymous said...

Aww. So cute and crazy! He is getting so big. Now you are in trouble. LOL!

Tonya said...

Boy, oh, boy! My boys LOVED the stairs when they first learned to climb them. I'd put them down and they would scurry willy-nilly as fast as their little hands and knees could get them there.

As someone who also suffers from anxiety, remember that the anticipation of the event often is much, much worse than the event itself. You are strong. You will handle everything with strength and grace.

Also, a little baby Tylenol never hurts, especially if it affords you more sleep :)

Courtney K. said...

I agree that maybe some Tylenol or Motrin might take the edge off of you at night when you get ready to go to bed. Just remember to keep breathing. I know that sounds so stupid, but deep and relaxing breaths made a HUGE difference for me when we were getting ready to move to Alaska. Love that Epiphane bag! ;) Such a cute photo!!

Unknown said...

sorry about your headache and lack of sleep!

what a sweet shot of him looking up!

Karin said...

I don't envy you about the teeth. We just went through the same ordeal. Amy also cut 4 at the same time. I can only recommend a homeopathic remedy called Camilia. I think you can order it on amazon. I tried everything else and nothing worked to easy the pain until we found Camilia. All my mummy friends are big fans now!
Oh and regarding the move...one wise woman once said: nothing ever gets as good as you anticipate it to be and nothing ever turns out as bad as you might think it will be. I am sure you will be fine!

Sarah said...

Sammy is going to be major trouble in a few years! (probably runs in the family...) If you ever need to vent/rant/commiserate/complain/plan/whine/anythingelse, about the move, you have my number! I have probably had/will have the same thought!

Anonymous said...

What a face - so cute!

I hope you're able to start sleeping better sooner rather than later! I went through a few months where I hardly slept at all and it sucked big time.

jillconyers said...

What a cutie! This will be fun to edit.

You've had quite the week. I have no problem falling asleep but staying asleep is another story. Hope you get some rest soon.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...