homeour storymy baglink loveContact me

✍ All sorts of new and exciting things coming up for the cast of L to the Third so stay tuned!

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

An introduction to the joys of parenthood

Yesterday marked our first full day together as a family and it did not disappoint.  Sammy was his usual rambunctious self and kept his daddy busy all morning long as he played with his toys and practiced walking some more (I think he's going to be running circles around the two of us by the end of the week; there were several times throughout the day that Captain Husband turned to me and said, "You do this every day? I'm exhausted!"):

Come to daddy!

Setting his sights on dad

After Sammy took his morning nap, the three of us headed out for a gourmet lunch at Chick-fil-a (Captain Husband hadn't eaten there for almost a year and had a serious craving for some nuggets); after that we headed over to Wegman's to pick up some things for dinner for that night (barbecue chicken, sweet potato fries, and broccoli). It was a pretty gorgeous afternoon, so we stopped by a park on our way home so that Sammy could swing and play outside for a bit.

Swinging with daddy 500

Swinging
{I'm still figuring out my new lens, but I kind of like how this photo is softly out of focus}

A walk in the park 500

This photo pretty much sums up everything I love about CH and his relationship with our son--willing to let Sammy try new things on his own (like walking), ready to support him in any way possible, and there to catch him should he fall.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Pictures!

Ashley Sisk said...

Looks like a fun day - I haven't eaten at Chick fil a in forever...mostly because I know it's not good for me.

- Jessi - said...

These are so sweet. Yeah my husband thought he could do what I do. So I let him one day and he needed help after like 2 hours haha.

Veronica Lee said...

So glad you three get to spend time together as a family. Great pics!!

Anonymous said...

Awwww! I love it! Now he knows how hard it is, not saying he didnt before, but you know what I mean.

christina said...

love these

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...