homeour storymy baglink loveContact me

✍ All sorts of new and exciting things coming up for the cast of L to the Third so stay tuned!

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!


Another holiday, another excuse to dress Sammy in something completely ridiculous yet incredibly awesome.  This holiday humiliation was provided by my sister-in-law, Sarah, who knitted Sammy a hat shaped like the business end of a turkey.  (She also made one for Henry, so with any luck, we hope to get an official cousins portrait with them in their matching hats.)

And before I totally forget, here's my before and after photos of my cutie-pie nephew:

I didn't do anything too drastic, although I did flip the image--I find that I often compose the subject matter in my photos to the right so I though it would be fun to change things up a bit (does anyone else find themselves favoring one side or another?).  I then did a clean edit to adjust the exposure and compensate for the green tone in the original, cropped things a little bit tighter and cloned out the design on his onesie because I found it visually distracting.  And just for fun, I then converted the edited shot to a black and white image:


What do you think?  Do you have a preference for one version over the other?  I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving today!

And don't forget--if you'd like to learn how to make your photos go from good to wow, be sure to check out what's going on over at Jill and Ashley's blogs:

6 comments:

Michelle said...

I love it! I can't wait to see the matching hats. Have a fabulous Thanksgiving!

jax from the harmon squad said...

I LOVE the hat!!! And I hope you do get a picture of the matching hats... before I had kids I thought matching stuff was lame. But now that I have two boys I can't help it sometimes:) Happy Thanksgiving!!

4 Lettre Words said...

Wonderful edit. Happy Thanksgiving!

Ashley Sisk said...

The one of Sammy is adorable. And love your edit...the only thing I don't necessarily like is that it changes the way his eyes naturally look...not a big deal, but slightly noticeable. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

Very cute photos. Wonderful job on your edit.

melifaif said...

I am seriously cracking up over here. I just realized the hat is a turkey!!! But of course it is. DUH. Oh how I love thee....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...