homeour storymy baglink loveContact me

✍ All sorts of new and exciting things coming up for the cast of L to the Third so stay tuned!

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Shoot and edit: Holiday/Christmas after


I was actually pretty happy with how my SOOC image turned out for the most part, so I didn't have to do anything too wild and crazy to it.  I tightened up the composition with a slight crop and then went into the curves tab in picnik and applied the Reala 400 setting at 0% color override and 80% fade; this step darkened the shadows just a bit and made the colors just ever so slightly more vibrant.  I then added the Kim Klassen texture, poetic, in the multiply setting at 75% fade and then rounded off the corners to give the photo a bit of a vintage look.

Here's a side-by-side comparison of the SOOC shot and my edited version:


Overall, it's a rather subtle edit and I like how it turned out--I think he might look pretty good on this year's Christmas album if I ever manage to get my laptop back from the Geek Squad (all of my Christmas music is on there).  Keep your fingers crossed--I have the feeling that it's going to take a Christmas miracle for that to happen any time soon!

The Daily Wyatt

And don't forget--if you'd like to learn how to make your photos go from good to wow, be sure to check out what's going on over at Jill and Ashley's blogs:

6 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

Your SOOC shot was nice, but I also like your edit. Nicely done.

Lindsey said...

That elf is the creepiest but coolest elf on the shelf I have seen!!

Great edit too btw!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Lindsey - that elf is creepy but its expression is hilarious! My favourite thing about your edit is the rounded corners - I don't know why, but I think it makes think it adds so much to the fun-ness of the photo!

Cedar said...

Really nicely done on your edit!

Anonymous said...

Great job on your edit,

Chelsey - The Paper Mama said...

I like your vintage elf. :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...