homeour storymy baglink loveContact me

✍ All sorts of new and exciting things coming up for the cast of L to the Third so stay tuned!

Monday, January 16, 2012

An unexpected side trip


Captain Husband, Sammy and I all piled into the car on Saturday morning to make the 45-minute drive to Las Cruces, New Mexico; a local organization was hosting an antiques show that I had marked on my calender several months ago as I'm never one to miss an opportunity to check out some old stuff.  Unfortunately the show was kind of a bust, but I was determined not to let that long drive go to waste, so I suggested that we head over to the New Mexico Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum.


Set against the backdrop of the stunning Organ Mountains, the Farm & Ranch Heritage Museum is a 47-acre interactive museum that boasts a collection of antique farm tools, works by local artists, and a small, self-contained farm with all sorts of livestock including sheep, goats and cattle.


I was seriously impressed by the place--after all, I really wasn't sure what to expect when I decided to go there on a whim.  But I had a feeling that it would be something that all three of us would enjoy.


I especially liked all of the photography opportunities, like this awesome windmill on the grounds of the museum.  If you look closely at the windmill's tail, you can see the dings left by someone who used it for target practice years and years ago.  Speaking of photos, I took nearly two hundred in the span of about two hours--I'm afraid you're going to have to come back tomorrow to see some of the highlights of Sammy and all of the livestock (since I haven't finished editing them yet).  I'm such a tease, aren't I?

1 comment:

Lori said...

Love the windmill shot!
I can't wait to see the rest of the photos.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...