homeour storymy baglink loveContact me

✍ All sorts of new and exciting things coming up for the cast of L to the Third so stay tuned!

Monday, June 25, 2012

Twenty-four-month update, aka Sammy's two!


Sammy turned two on Saturday and I'm still kind of wrapping my head around the fact that I've got myself a bona fide toddler on my hands.  Sammy has his two-year wellness checkup later this week but I'm going to guess that he's about 36" tall and around 32 pounds, give or take.  Sammy's still wearing all 3T clothing but he's just about outgrown his size eight sandals.  As for teeth, he has at least one of his two-year-old molars and I think another one is starting to make its way into his mouth, as Sammy's been chewing on his fingers and drooling non-stop the past few days.

 I'm no longer able to keep up with the amount of new words he's been picking up--seriously, some days it's a dozen at a time, although a few of the more notable words stick out, like "watermelon" and "suicide" (I still have no idea what possessed Captain Husband to teach him that one).  He's also starting to talk in three- and four-word sentences and has gotten really good at adjective/noun combos.  Another new trick is singing along to the chorus of certain songs--it's pretty darn adorable when he starts dancing and singing to New Sensation by INXS.


Other stats/fun stuff: Sammy can count to fourteen (this is because we have fourteen steps between the first and second floors) and knows all of his colors and shapes.  He loves to color and paint and building puzzles are one of his favorite activities.  Sammy loves being read to and "reading" his picture books to himself.  He's still a pretty good eater although he's recently started eschewing utensils, which is kind of funny because he hates having messy hands and will ask me or CH for a napkin at least three times over the course of a meal.  Sammy seems to have gotten over his clingy phase--thank goodness--and can go from shy to rambunctious in a few seconds.  I know I may complain some times about how big of a handful he can be at times, but I don't think I could love this kid any more than I already do.  I can't wait to see what the next year has in store for all of us!

and
 then, she {snapped}

5 comments:

Sarah Halstead said...

Awww. Sooo adorable. Love these photos. Happy 2nd Birthday again Sammy!

M said...

Man, I miss this kid so much! Well, and you too, L!

Lori said...

Awe...happy birthday! they grow fast.

Kim said...

Happy birthday! He is just so big. He knows a lot of stuff.

Veronica Lee said...

Aww!!! He is soooooooo ADORABLE!

Happy Birthday to your little man!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...