homeour storymy baglink loveContact me

✍ All sorts of new and exciting things coming up for the cast of L to the Third so stay tuned!

Monday, January 14, 2013

Charlie's five-month update


I am now the mother of a five-month old and a two-and-a-half-year old, people.  This realization pretty much blows my mind every day.  Anyway, on to Charlie's stats--he's basically a giant.  This kid is at least eighteen pounds, although I'd say he's probably closer to twenty about now; some of his twelve-month clothing is beginning to get a little tight.  Strangers typically do a double take when I tell them how old he is, expecting to hear that he's at least nine months old.  What can I say--I make big babies.


Charlie's settled into a pretty stable nap routine and takes a morning and afternoon nap every day; some days, I can even get him and Sammy to nap at the same time, and those days are pretty much awesome.  Charlie still hasn't fully rolled over but he's able to roll onto his side pretty easily and he's *this* close to sitting on his own.  He also loves to spend time in his Johnny Jump-Up and has begun to scoot around a bit in his walker.  As I was going through some of my recent photos of him, I noticed that Charlie has started to suck on his bottom lip a lot, which tells me he might have some teeth making an appearance soon (the fact that he's also turned into a drool factory bolsters my theory).


Charlie's still exclusively breastfed and doing pretty well in that department aside from being so easily distracted by anything and everything.  He's also very interested in what people are eating these days, although I think I'm going to hold off until the six-month mark to start introducing solid foods.  Now that he's kicked his double-ear infection, Charlie's back to his sweet, cheerful self and I'm back to some semblance of a full night's sleep.  And last but not least, Charlie just adores his big brother, and so far it appears to be a mutually shared affection; it makes me so happy to see the two of them loving on each other.


and
 then, she {snapped}

4 comments:

Gretchen said...

Love your little munchkins. I cannot believe your motherhood status either. I remember a time well before kids ;)

Unknown said...

We are considering a second, and it makes me so happy to see siblings loving on each other like this.

Michelle said...

Love these shots! They're so cute; I can't believe how time flies! :)

Bunch of Barrons said...

So precious!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...